Monday, August 17, 2009

REVANCHE


Revanche, was a short lived studio group, the brain child of Jacques "Fred" Petrus who went on to have greater success with acts like Change, Macho and the Brooklyn, Bronx & Queens Band.
The Jacques Petrus way was to take the U.S Soul/Funk/Disco blueprint and replicate it using Italian musicians, bump up the melody, then use American singers (like Luther Vandross and Jocelyn Brown) on the vocals. The result was Italo Disco which sounded like it was made in the the States.
Music Man is the one and only Revanche album, recorded in 1979. I found my copy for $6.00 at my local Dixons. The standout track is 1979 It's Dancing Time, however at the moment I'm really partial to You Get High In N.Y.C, which is a catchy, philly soul inspired, if somewhat camp disco workout... So I'm featuring it... Gotta love it...


Revanche - You Get High In N.Y.C

No comments:

Post a Comment